Sunday, January 11, 2009

LA LA BIG CITY of……..

So we got to LA super late and crashed for the night at friends cribs…

In the morning, we hit the block hard with merch again and tried to come up a little bit so we could cop some new shit from all the boutiques in LA…

We stopped at ALIFE, Supreme, Adidas, Amoeba Music, Turn Table Lab, Flight Club, Undefeated, and a few more and dropped off some cds….

After we ate a bit we headed to Lincoln Heights for our show at the AIRLINER.
Along with Suzie Analog and Letron (two of the dopest electro/hip hop/club chicks in the game!)

Ladies!!



Suzie Analog!!!!!


Letron!!




We set the party off up stairs with Mic Skills and then went straight into our set. Killed it once again….cats were digging the music, and we sold a few more joints…..

The World Famous Doorstep


Mic Skills


Vertual Vertigo.....Literally



Highlights: I almost knocked out this mutha fucker in the club….If you couldn’t tell, by now I am absolutely sick of dudes on drugs asking for drugs and or trying to sell drugs to me……ok a lil weed I’m not gonna trip, but this dude came up to me, on some…..yo yo yo….you know the haps on the woop ti woop…..? I looked at him like one, speak fucking English and two, if you ask me for drugs I’ma knock you out….he got the message just from the look I gave him……By the way…..this happened to us atleast 6 more times in LA……

Another dude came up to me in on the back patio while I was smoking outta no where and started flexing on me like, “YO! I’ma gangsta with a line up son!” as he pointed to his hair cut….which by the way was bald…..I was like “yeah yo….you got it homie! Hardcore.” He just kept going on with the same shit…”I’m a mean mutha fucka yo…you see my line up?” don’t know what else to say???

The airliner was cool and the cats who worked there seemed straight, but some of the cats who came to the show needed a straight knock out punch! There was also a bunch of kids in the spot…I have no idea how they got in but they looked like they were 16 or 17..I had to do a double take when I walked past them….like “how the fuck???? Nevermind…” and kept it moving! I remember sneaking into hip hop shows when I was there age. The thought made me smile for a few!!!

Another thing I realized about LA is that THEY DO HAVE a FOOD specific for the city….the whole time on the way down I was thinking like…”where do I really want to eat in LA???” I could only think of cheeseburgers…. I was puzzled for a bit, like “what is LA’s specialty with food?” Then it dawned on me after drving around for the day….Fucking Cheeseburgers! I mean like Chicago has pizza and hotdogs, montreal has poutine, New York has its own shit, even the north west is fish and Pho…..but yeah LA has cheeseburgers!
So I ate a shit tin of cheeseburgers out here! I must say that In and Out is highly over rated compared to the rest of the chains out here!
Fatburger is the shit! We went to some late night hippie spot too that Had them on smash in Hollywood! Needless to say im all cheeseburgered out!!!

The Legendary In & Out Burger Good But Over Rated!!!!


Vortex @ Turntable Lab



More on LA…..

The next day I was determined to meet the music director from HBO’s Entourage and give him some CD’s…. I found out that the cast crew and entire staff for the show was actually fiming in West Belaire up on the hills…. I set out to make sure I met him and looked him in the eye with my music…..The studio that they were filming at was the sony studios and it was heavily guarded and locked down…I tried calling the music director and setting up an meeting and going about it through the right channels, but it was no use….then I said fuck it…I’m only in LA for a few days I gotta try harder then that! I parked outside the studio gates and started thinking of a plan…..as I was reaching in the back of the van for CD’s I noticed a big crowd of dudes dressed in street clothes heading for the gate. I double steeped over to the crowd and walked beside one of them and asked for a light for my ciggerette. We all walked right through the gate with no problems at all….I have NO Idea who the fuck these dudes were bit they didn’t harassed at the gate at all…..STOKED!! big ups doods!!! Anyways once I was on the other side of the gate I broke off from the dudes and started looking around…..I headed straight for a bunch of trailers parked on the back of the studio lot…..As I was looking for the director, I bumped into Arian Grenier (I forget how to spell his name…sorry….but he plays “vince” on entourage!) I was gassed, I gave him dap and told him how much I like the show etc etc….he was actually really fucking cool and he pointed me to the music director….who he said was NEVER on the set, and I got LUCKY as hell!!!! STOKED again, I gave him a cd and moved to the dude! I only had a quick second with him, but he seemed really pleased and open….I loaded him up with material, and left the set…..I snooped around a bit at the studios and just tried to see if anyone else was around worth talking to or meeting….everyone looked crazy busy and the security gaurds started talking on their walkie talkies when they seen me looking a bit too stoked….I bee lined for the parking lot and dipped…

I raced back down the hills feeling like a fucking genius!!! Then I met up with the fellas changed gear and headed for our show in Santa Monica.

TOP 5 in LA.

1. Toyota Prius ( fucking almost every other car in LA is a fucking Toyota Prius….seriously its insane!)
2. Secret sneaker spots……shhhhhh cant tell which ones! Lol
3. Mary at Adidas
4. meeting VINCE from entourage
5. Fat buger with Fat fries….um um yeah!



SANTA MONICA….RIT NEAR THE BEEECH BOYEEEEEE!

So santa monica is soooo much different than Hollywood or LA. Its clean as hell nice as hell and the beaches are beautiful!

We got there around dinner time and loaded in…..Again another story of another fucking asshole!

Soooooo as we are loading in the van was parked in the alley with the four ways on….not blocking anyone, and it had enough room for people to go around easily….But….as we were coming out of the venue not 2 mins later, some muther fucker was getting out of my car!!! At the same time he got out another lady was passing us up and he slamed my car door into her car as she past…..

I fucking lost it! WHO does that???? I went crazy on dude and threatened his car behind us…..i was just about to fucking kick him in his face when I looked behind me and saw that the venue owner was looking right at me out the window……I had to calm myself down a reduce the ass beating to an ass chewing I cussed dude out and was kinda hoping he would hit me first so I could fucking destroy him….but he just stared at me with the dumbest fucking look on his face…..fucking moron….
The lady whose car got hit was ready to back me up and throw down too!! It was a great start to a fucked up evening! Luckily there was no damage to the either of our cars…… I told him to fuck off suck a dick etc etc until he realized he was dumb and left.

After that we went into the venue and saw that the YARD (the place that booked us) was a small pub with no stage and very minimal sound equipment….what the fuck? I thought to myself!

Apparently in Santa Monica, there is a pub crawl crew from Austrialia that ends up at the yard at about 9pm every wed night. So our job was to keep the pub crawl peoples from leaving the yard until the bar was tapped out…..cool right….nah….dude had us hooked up on some home stereo shit that sounded like dookie!

We gave it a try and got the crowd involved for a min, but the beats were just dead….i coulnd’t hear shit….. so the night turned into DJ skills aka the cat in the hat ray ray, holding it down on the ones and twos……I was pist embarrassed and at a loss for words….at that point I made sure the bar tab was huge and that everyone that came to see us from LA got a free drink! Then I arm wrestled the owner for our doh and we split!

We got paid nicely so it saved the night but I was still upset for the cats who came to see us and have yet to get the full vert show blasted at them!!! Argh!!!!

Anyways. So a bit drunk and with good company we left to explore santa monica.

After a few stops and drinks we called it a night!

Or did we…..? Mic Skills has a funny story to tell you about the spot….but I’ll let him tell it! hit em up!!!

Vortex & Skills working hard on the internet!


Ezekiel & Johnny Mac hard at play!!


Top 5 in Santa Monica

1. Johnny Mac’s sucker punch blunt!
2. Walk on the beach
3. Blueberry white chocolate chip cookies
4. The guy with the shades talking about quick sand
5. Mic Skills Dj set


I’m leaving!!!!!

Nice place to visit, but time to go….we stopped at the adidas store again and said peace, had a bunch of coffee met up with the crew, recalculated and dipped!

We on route to New Mexico tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment