Sunday, January 11, 2009

THE FUCKING TWILIGHT ZONE...........

So a few months back when I was planning the tour some random dude hit us up from Albuquerque New Mexico and begged us to come play in his city...I was working on bookings for the west coast at the time and was planning the route for the way home....One quick glance at the map and I realized how dope it would be to take him up on his request and try and make New Mexico happen for the tour....

The guy....(Mario) actually turned out to be really fucking helpful and forwarded our press kit to a bunch of venues....Burt's Tiki Lounge was down and they hit us back pretty quick....

so long story short we started building and planning our stop in New Mexico....

coming into the town was a nice, cold drive through the desert, where we got pulled over, (we got a warning), and made it into town around 4 or so....

we meet up with Mario at the restaurant that he worked at and he hooked us up with maaaaad food!! (good looks Mario)

after that we met up with the promoter and emcee of a crew called zoology....dude named flux.....

we headed to the venue and set up.....

We had been hearing about the hip hop scene in New Mexico for awhile and we were stoked that we could see it for ourselves....

after about 1130 the venue was PACKED tight! I'm guessing about 200 people at one point...

the local crews got down and did there thing and then MIC SKILLS FUCKING MURDERED the packed crowd.......

then..............

an evil twist to the evening occurred.


During Mic's set vortex and him were doing their colabo track "Kill this hype" when a dood came up and gave mic and Vortex a drink..... coincidentally it was right after Mic said "Single ladies.....report to the dance to the dance floor....." ladies flooded the stage....doods were salty....

so the drinks were spiked with something awful that fucked Vortex's stomach all up....we didn't find out til later....
cat was ill...throwing up all night....

we got to do our set after Mic, but by the time we got on the crowd was a drunken mess.....girls were falling on the floor dudes were upset with themselves...etc etc....

one thing that stands out to me is this one girl in the front row, who was completely frontin on our set.....She def ruined the eve and my opinion of the Spot.....Another girl, after the show, was bent over, and her ENTIRE, fat ass was hangin out her jeans.....

I had already called out the bougie bitches on stage....cuz there were quite a few....so i continued to let them know how i felt...... so When i seen her ass hangin out I yelled "anyone want a peanut butter sandwich????" I was a bit tipsy myself...but hey I call em like I see em....

she was pist....I was trying to be quick and get a picture for yall so you could witness the madness, but she stood up and turned around to quick....

oblivious to what was going on...she looked at me and said..." I hate chicago....fuck Texas.....you guys suck...." I started laughing and told her her ass was fucking nasty and continued yelling at her til she walked out the door....

if you couldn't tell....I was really disappointed in the people of New Mexico.....all the "homies" who opened up for us...disappeared before our sets....and even the promoter was acting suspect at the show.....

but hey...you cant win em all right????

let me tell you some more fucked up things I saw in AL BER KIRK EE

(no offense to the real people we met there....and there was alot of you that were REALLY FUCKING cool!!!)

One dood wanted to exchange the record he bought from us....about 10 times....what merch table you know does exchanges and refunds???? he couldn't make up his mind and was fucking with vortex HARD!!! dumb ass

The fucking whataburger ran out of taquitos.....Mic skills said to the dood in the window..."How the fuck do you run out of tortillas in New Mexico???" I was dying! then the dood at the whataburger tried to give us all types of stuff... except our order...
for example...he handed me my coke in a coffee cup....and then gave us a straw that looked like he freakin chewed on it....
the dood was slow....

earlier that day i learned that New Mexico's education system is the 3rd lowest in the states.....
explains alot.....

so anyways....it was alot of firsts for us in New Mexico...and I cant say that the experience was all bad....we got paid really nicely for the show and we sold a lot of merch......MIc Skills set was OFF THE CHAIN.....and the people around town were generally cool.....but maaaaaan am I glad to be outta that place!!

The promoter for the Denver show got his ass kicked and is in the hospital so we are Oklahoma City now on our way to Macomb for the last little stretch of the tour...I heard that there's CRAZY snow in the chi and that its cold as fuck!!!! even so I miss home....and at this point I'm ready to get there!!!!!

MACOMB IL on MONDAY AT THE DAY OLD BASEMENT!!!! I'm stoked for that one and REALLY excited for the GO GO TOWN show in the chi!!!!

TOP 5 in NEW MEXICO

1. MARIO for all the support love, hookin it up and FREE FOOD!!!!
2. RED NECK FANS (doods with fishing hooks in there hats bought a bunch of cds!!!)
3. PEANUT BUTTER SANDWICH
4. 3 am whataburger dumbin
5. Cats at Auto zone for all the help fixing up the pod

No comments:

Post a Comment